Friday, May 11, 2012

Retro-Grades begins now.

Welcome to Retro-Grades!


In the past two years I have rebooted this blog a few times. It started off as a place for me to review NES games during a summer when I was playing and replaying a bunch of them. (great times, BTW) Then this blog transformed became a place for me to talk about all the systems beginning with my first one, the Atari 2600. 

Lately, I realized just what this blog really should be. It should be about my childhood, which was mainly spent in the 1980s. OK, I was born 1974, but in the 80s I became a gamer, a TV show enthusiast and a RPG game player. I consider myself luck to be a kid during the best years for toys and actions figures: G.I. JOE, Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man, Robotics, Megos... etc. You just can't beat those.

I often find my mind drifting to the past. I think those shows I enjoyed most, and the video games which filled my hours. Often I come to the question, would those things I loved back then still be cool now? Would I enjoy playing The Legend of Zelda now that I have spent 150 hours in SKYRIM?  Is StarBlazers still cool after watching things like High School of the Dead?

I guess I'm retrospective... So it dawned on me... I should start an autobiographical blog where I just post my thoughts about all the cool things from the 80s that I enjoyed.

So here we go.

Retro-Grades begins now.


Kevin James Breaux
Child of the 80's.
http://www.kevinbreaux.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment